Make quick & easy payments online for school fees such as ~ School Supplies ~ Hot Lunches ~ Swim Lessons
New Student Registration
Kindergarten at Jessie Duncan Elementary School
- This is a 475 hour program that operates 2-3 days a week for full days. There is a Monday/Wednesday program and a Tuesday/Thursday program. Each class will come on a variety of different Fridays (please check the calendar). You will receive a kindergarten calendar in the fall or you can check it out on our school website.
- A center approach is used to reinforce and teach concepts in language arts, math, community and environmental awareness, personal and social responsibility, creative and cultural expression.
- Focus is on all aspects of child development -- social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional.
- We have daily Physical Education time.
- We have a weekly Music class taught by Mrs. Klassen.
- We have daily morning and afternoon snacks as well as lunch. The children are not allowed to share food. No peanuts or nuts please -- we strive to be a nut-safe school. Please send a labeled water bottle that students can leave at the school.
- We go outside for all recesses. Please make sure your child has the appropriate footwear and clothing for the weather. We encourage students to wear shoes that are velcro or have stretched cords instead of lace up shoes. It is also very helpful to have your child’s outdoor clothes labeled.
- Please send an extra set of clothes (underwear, 1 pair of socks, shirt and pants) in a labeled ziploc bag. These clothes should remain at the school.
- All questions and concerns can be addressed through email or a phone call to the school (403 886 2233).
- School Council/Parent Society - all parents are welcome and encouraged to be a part of this parent group. They meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. Check the school newsletter for meeting dates.
- Pre-Kindergarten builds children's strengths and skills in a language rich learning environment for children who may benefit from a cooperative and nurturing experience.
- JDES Pre-K is an intervention focused program for children with delays or difficulties in the following areas: speech/language or social/emotional regulation. Students with severe learning delays are eligible for free programming.
- Pre-Kindergarten offers half-day programming three-four days each week throughout the school year.
- We are currently starting the application process for the 2023-2024 year – please call 403-886-2233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information on the application process.